As some of you may know, lately I've been on a beauty binge. I've been reading beauty blogs a lot and updating my own collection. I got a few beauty books out from the library, because even though I am a total ereader fan girl (I can fit 200 books in my purse! What's not to love?), I love libraries! These books were full of tips and big pictures, and I wanted to share some of these useful tidbits. Some of these I've tried, others not yet.
1. If your nail scissors are blunt or the edges of your tweezers have lost their grip, run some sand paper gently over the edges. I just tried this on my manicure scissors, worked like a charm!
2. Once you have applied your lipstick, seal in the colour and protect your lips by painting them over with a light top coat of vitamin E oil.
3. If your lip colour doesn't have spf, try layering it over a lip balm with spf in it. This is something I've been doing for years. I also find it helps lipsticks to go on smoother and keeps my lips hydrated!
4. If you have dry, flaky lips smooth on vaseline and gently rub them with a damp face cloth or clean tooth brush to exfoliate. Make sure to moisturise after, and you're good to go.
5. If your tights get a snag use hairspray or clear nail polish to stop the snag from spreading. Make sure you let the nail polish dry before you put them on or else they will stick to you!
6. Your hair conditioner can double to smooth dry cuticles, cracked heels and rough elbows.
7. To prevent eye and lip pencils from breaking when you sharpen them, put them in the fridge for ten minutes so they harden.
And that's all I've got. If you have any tips or tricks to pass on, post them in the comments!