Monday, November 11, 2013

Lavshuca Lav Fake review



This beautiful little red-potted beauty is part of Lavshuca's limited edition winter collection. It comes in two colours: pink and red. I have the red one, shade 1. This is a creamy stain for eyes, lips, and cheeks. I've only used it mostly on my cheeks and lips, which is where I like it best. I'm not sure how I feel about red eye shadow. Cranberry shadow seems to be a fall makeup trends.

First, let's talk about the packaging. It is beautiful! I love colour, the design, even the box it came in was adorable. The only thing I would change if I could is the pot. It's plastic, which makes the product feel a bit cheaper. A glass pot would be much nicer. I didn't break the bank buying this, but it wasn't super cheap either. Lavshuca is more of a mid to high end drugstore brand. Most of its products fall between the 1000-2000¥ (or 10-20$) mark.

Also I think the name gets lost in translation, but sometimes that can't be helped. Google translated 'Lav' to 'Love'. I asked one of my teachers, though, and she said it makes as much sense in Japanese as it does in English, meaning none. My only guess is that it's trying to say it makes you look like you have the flush of love, but unless you are attracted to cosmetics in a chemical way (you will find no judgement here) your rosy glow is fake, because it's makeup. Obviously. To conclude this pointless segment, the name is stupid in both English and Japanese.

The way I've been wearing this most is as a stain on my lips, with a lip balm over top. I usually throw it on as I leave my apartment in the morning. What I like most about this is the texture. It's got a velvety, matte finish. I feel like most potted blush, lip things are shinier but this has a really natural finish. It's super pigmented, very red. It's a beautiful winter flush just waiting to decorate your cheeks.

The moisturizing ingredient is silk pearl essence, whatever that means.

That's enough of me. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment