Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Summertime Skincare


Summertime is upon us and I really want to make sure my skin is happy and nourished during the warmer months. The two key ingredients I'm focusing on are green tea and aloe.

My favourite products recently are the aloe toner and aloe gel from Nature Republic. My skin has been nice and blemish free recently and I'm hoping to keep it that way.

Soothing and Moisture Aloe Vera 90% Toner
  This smells amazing and is super refreshing! I decided to try it instead of getting another bottle of the Body Shop's aloe toner, and I think I like this one better! Also it was less expensive. Bonus!

Soothing and Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel
  This gel is a major multitasker! One of the things I love about this for summer is how light this is. It soaks in really quickly and feels cool. When the weather really heats up, I will move this stuff into my fridge to make it extra refreshing! I use it to sooth my legs and pits after a shave that was maybe a little too close. My favourite application so far is under my eyes. Normally I wear glasses. In hot weather I cannot stand the way the slide down my nose. Enter contact lenses. My glasses are quite dramatic and (conveniently) hide the bags under my eyes. Without my glasses, all I see are my puffy under eyes! Using the aloe gel under my eyes before bed has seriously helped with this. I've only been doing this for a few days and I already notice a difference!

Fresh Green Tea 70 Cream
  I've been looking into the beauty benefits of green tea and am so thrilled with this impulse buy from my New Years Korea vacation. Benefits include: sun damage protection, helps with inflammation, tones skin, reduces redness and prevents wrinkles. Yes please! How awesome is all that? Protection from sun damage is no reason to stop with the SPF. Think of them as being more complementary than interchangeable. The antioxidants in green tea don't block the sun, but they do help your skin to repair itself.

This "cream" is really a gel, and it doesn't cut it for me as night time moisturiser, but that's when I like to use it. I pair it with the Puru Puru Serum from Ettusais.

What do you think of my summer skincare trio? What ingredients do you look for during the summer months?

Leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment