Friday, July 4, 2014

Feeling Fresh without Starting Over


Well it's that time of year in Japan again. If you live in Japan, you know exactly what I mean. It's the time of sweating...so much sweating. With the rainy season wrapping up, I'm no stranger to humidity, and now it's time to bring on the real heat. 

I walk to and from work everyday. My school is on top of a mountain! Okay, fine. It's just a hill. And although I do appreciate what this daily climb has been doing for my legs and derriere, I'm not a fan of starting my workday as a sweaty mess. The sweat will be pouring down my back, face, etc. Now, with that lovely image in your mind, I want to tell you how I freshen up at work, since showing isn't an option. 

Japan has many amazing products to help people deal with the heat. Sea Breeze, by Shiseido, is an absolute summer essential for me! This is a deodorant liquid and powder which you shake and then apply to your skin. It gets rid of any odors and mattifies your skin, leaving skin feeling dry and smelling fresh. This comes in a variety of scents. I have it in peach cooler. At convenience stores you can find this in a smaller spray bottle that's the perfect purse-size. I picked up some little spray bottles from Daiso (Japan's dollar store that is so much more). Some people will pour this into their hand and then spread it on their skin, but I prefer the ease of a spray bottle.

For my face, I keep a bottle of the Ettusais Aqua Splash OB spray in my desk. Not only is it non-comedogenic and fragrance free, it has chamomile extract to calm and cool skin, and regulate sebum. I find this more convenient and effective than blotting papers. This is a great way to touch up your makeup. Spray this on, pat gently, and feel fresh!

How do you stay fresh in the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment