Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Bath Time: Bubbles

So many happy baths!

On my youtube channel I've mentioned once or twice that I quite like my bathtub here, in Japan. Actually, I really like it. Okay, I totally love that thing! Now you know. Just to put everyone on the same page, Japanese-style bathtubs are a little different than Western-style tubs. In general, tubs in Japan are deeper and shorter. It's more for sitting up than lying down. Japanese people shower first, and then get in the bath to soak. A few people have told me that they have a bath every day. Although I am still definitely a shower girl (I don't have time for a bath every time I wash myself!), I have been having a lot of baths since meeting my new tub. In Canada, I would have a bath maybe three times a year. Bath covers are really common here, too. It keeps the heat in, and you can put things on it while you're in the bath, like a candle, or a book......or a glass of wine. Enough about the logistics! Time to get into the products!

My go-to bath product has been the shower gel from The Body Shop. It doubles as bubble bath and always smells amazing! Recently I've been using the Gold Fun bubble bath/shampoo/body wash from Lush. It smells like honey and toffee and makes the best bubbles that last for days! Another great thing is that you don't need very much to get a lot of bubbles. On a recent trip to Lush I picked up the vanilla scented Candy Mountain bubble bar. I've also tried and loved the Comforter bubble bar, which smells like black current. If sweet smells are not your thing I wouldn't recommend any of these, but if you are on the fence give these a sniff next time you find yourself in Lush.

No comments:

Post a Comment